E3 2015 is upon us, and this year is looking to be the biggest one in some time, with Bethesda and Square Enix hosting their own dedicated conferences in addition to the yearly standbys. PC Gamer will also be hosting a two-hour PC-centric show – the first of its kind at E3.
What hot new games will Bethesda and Square bring to the table? Will Sony and Microsoft spill the beans on a bunch of hot new exclusives for their newest systems? Will Nintendo come from behind like last year and steal the show without even having a live conference? We’ll just have to find out in a few weeks when E3 2015 comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center June 16-18!
If you want to keep up with all the latest news from the show, this page is your destination for all things E3 at 4P! You’ll find a handy guide to all the press conferences, quick links to all of our E3 coverage, a constantly-updated list of the news from the show, and much more, right here on this page.
And while you’re at it, why not stop by our newly upgraded forums? We’re always glad to see new faces! Join in the discussions in our dedicated E3 2015 forum and chat about all the news from the show.
Watch the conferences
YouTube will be hosting their own E3 extravaganza this year, including streams of all the conferences and live shows throughout the week. Click here to go to the YouTube show!
Sunday, June 14, 7:00pm PDT (6:30pm pre-show)
For the first time in history, Bethesda will be holding a press conference of their own. A new Doom game has been teased in a trailer for E3, and of course the company just revealed a new entry in an obscure, little-known RPG series entitled Fallout 4.Click here to see the highlights from the conference.
- First public Doom gameplay shown, content creation detailed.
- Worldwide beta coming for Battlecry.
- Dishonored 2 announced, first game coming to PS4 and Xbox One as Dishonored: Definitive Edition
- The Elder Scrolls: Legend, a Hearthstone-like card game based on The Elder Scrolls, announced and coming later this year on PC and iPad.
- A ton of Fallout 4 info revealed, and the game comes out on November 11.
- Fallout Shelter, a F2P mobile game, announced.
Monday, June 15, 9:30am PDT
Microsoft is touting a 90-minute conference bursting at the seams with games, games, and more games. Halo 5: Guardians is sure to be a big part of their show, and Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sure to make an appearance along with some of the other games they announced last year such as Crackdown. Popcap has also confirmed that Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 will be officially revealed at Microsoft’s conference. Beyond that? HoloLens? New Xbox One SKU? We’ll just have to wait and see.Click here to see the highlights from the conference.
- Halo 5: Guardians gameplay demo shown along with a preview of the new multiplayer mode, Warzone.
- New game from Inafune and Armature Studio entitled Recore announced.
- Xbox 360 backward compatibility coming to Xbox One – available to preview members now.
- Xbox One Elite controller announced, with swappable buttons, trigger locks, sensitivity customization, and more.
- Fallout 4 mods will work on Xbox One. Fallout 3 will be included with the game as well.
- Titanfall is being added to EA Access. Dragon Age Inquisition will be added later this year.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 trailer officially revealed, coming next spring.
- Forza 6 features Ford GT, comes out September 15.
- Dark Souls III announced for early 2016.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division gets an exclusive beta on Xbox One. Rainbow Six Siege will include Vegas and Vegas 2 for free on Xbox One.
- Gigantic, a new class-based F2P game, will be coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One exclusively. Beta starts in August.
- Spotlight on four different indie games: Tacoma, Ashen, Beyond Eyes, and Cuphead.
- Early access gaming is coming to Xbox One in the form of the Xbox Game Preview program.
- World gameplay premiere of Rise of the Tomb Raider; coming November 10.
- Rare Replay, a collection of 30 classic Rare games, will be available August 4 for $30.
- Rare’s new game is Sea of Thieves, an online pirate adventure game.
- Microsoft will be partnering with both Valve VR and Oculus.
- HoloLens demoed, with an exclusive version of Minecraft.
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is coming August 25.
- Gears of War 4 demoed, coming holiday 2016.
Monday, June 15, 1:00pm PDT
EA’s conference last year was incredibly lackluster, filled with conceptual footage, sports, and little else. Will they make those concepts reality this year? Mirror’s Edge and Mass Effect would be great to see at this conference, but the star of the show will most definitely be Battlefront.Click here to see the highlights from the conference.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda debut trailer – coming out holiday 2016.
- The new Need for Speed is coming November 3, incorporating the best of previous entries of the series into an open world twice the size of the one in Rivals.
- A new The Old Republic expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire, will release October 25 and will be free for all subscribers.
- The Coldwood’s new game, Unravel, is a puzzle platformer featuring a yarn character who constantly unravels. The yarn represents love, apparently.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 features the plants on the offense for the first time. There will be several new classes as well as a new Graveyard Ops mode, and all content will transfer from the first game.
- The normal new sports games were shown off. Hockey, golf, basketball, etc. Lots of “innovation” being thrown around.
- A new Star Wars CCG, Galaxy of Heroes, is coming to mobile this year.
- Minions Paradise announced for mobile, demoed.
- Pelé talked about the beauty of soccer as a very long introduction to FIFA 16, which is also apparently “innovative.”
- Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst is a truly open world game that tells Faith’s origin story. Releases February 23, 2016.
- Madden 16 out in August.
- Star Wars: Battlefront Walker Assault mode demoed, based on Battle of Hoth. Releases November 17.
Monday, June 15, 3:00pm PDT
Ubisoft will of course be showing off its yearly Assassin’s Creed entry, Syndicate, and we’ll surely see The Division for the third year in a row, as well as Rainbow Six: Siege. Beyond that though, it’s all a mystery, and Ubisoft has a habit of closing their conferences with a big surprise reveal.Click here to see the highlights from the conference.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole revealed.
- For Honor revealed and given a live multiplayer demo.
- The Crew: Wild Run expansion pack coming November 17.
- Trials Fusion: Awesome Level Max features a cat riding a flame-breathing unicorn and comes out July 14.
- The Division is getting a beta in early 2016 and releases March 8.
- Anno 2205 releasing on November 3.
- Just Dance 2016 features the ability to use your phone as a controller if you do not own a camera for your console. A streaming service is coming as well.
- Rainbow Six: Siege trailer and live demo of Terrohunt was shown. The beta starts September 24 on all platforms.
- Trackmania Turbo brings the series to consoles.
- A new trailer for Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate shown.
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands announced as the first open-world entry in the series.
Monday, June 15, 6:00pm PDT
Sony is riding high this generation, but with a dearth of first-party offerings for 2015, the company is counting on third-party partnerships to carry them through the rest of the year. Battlefront is the most likely contender to lead the charge of third-party exclusivity deals. We’ll also certainly hear more about Uncharted – both the remaster collection and Uncharted 4, and Sony’s upcoming virtual reality headset Morpheus.Click here to see the highlights from the conference.
- The Last Guardian is alive! A demo kicked off the conference, and it’s coming out in 2016.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn from Guerilla Games officially unveiled.
- Hitman coming as a digital release for consoles and PC. Exclusive beta on PS4 with pre-order.
- New footage shown for Street Fighter V. Official beta begins July 23 only on PS4.
- No Man’s Sky has an incredibly vast universe, with countless planets to explore as you try to reach the center of the universe.
- Media Molecule’s new game, Dreams, was shown; it allows you to sketch and animate scenes.
- Firewatch trailer shown.
- Destiny: The Taken King is releasing September 15. New gear, multiplayer map, strike, and more will be exclusive to PlayStation.
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate features Dreadful Crime missions exclusively on PS4. Select either Jason or Evie Frye to play.
- World of Final Fantasy releasing exclusively on PS4 and Vita in 2016.
- Another megaton! Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming first to PS4.
- Shenmue III Kickstarter is now up.
- Scarecrow Nightmare Missions will be exclusive to PS4 in Batman: Arkham Knight.
- PlayStation Vue allows users to subscribe to individual TV channels; launches tonight in Los Angeles and San Francisco with an exclusive Machinima channel.
- Call of Duty is now partnering with Sony for early DLC, beginning with Black Ops III.
- PS4 gets an exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0 starter pack featuring Star Wars, as well as early access to the Star Wars campaigns in the game.
- Another gameplay demo of Battlefront, with two player splitscreen co-op.
- Uncharted 4 showed off its first gameplay footage in a live demo, despite some technical difficulties.
Nintendo Digital Event
Tuesday, June 16, 9:00am PDT
Nintendo is continuing its tradition of doing a pre-recorded Digital Event instead of a press conference this year. With Zelda already confirmed to not make an appearance, expect news on more Smash and Splatoon content along with more details on Star Fox, Mario Maker, and Yoshi’s Woolly World. Hopefully we’ll have some big surprises and 3DS love as well.Click here to see the highlights from the conference.
- Star Fox Zero features a transforming Arwing, is being developed by Platinum Games, and will release holiday 2015.
- Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser figures to be included in Skylanders Superchargers; can be used as Skylanders or Amiibo.
- An online multiplayer co-op Zelda game titled Triforce of Heroes is coming to 3DS this fall.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends, a 3DS reimagining of the Wii U game, will be coming Q1 2016 with exclusive levels from The Wind Waker.
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force, a multiplayer co-op game, and Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, a soccer-like sports game, will be coming to 3DS in 2016.
- Fire Emblem Fates will be coming to 3DS in 2016, and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will be doing the same with Wii U.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released in North America on December 4, 2015.
- Two Animal Crossing titles: Happy Home Designer will be coming to 3DS on September 25, and Amiibo Festival, an Amiibo-centric board game, will be coming to Wii U this holiday.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World will be released October 16 and will feature unlockable patterns with Amiibo.
- Level-5’s Yokai Watch will be coming to 3DS this holiday.
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will be coming spring 2016 to 3DS; combination of Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario.
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is coming to Wii U holiday 2015.
- Costume Mario is a new powerup in Super Mario Maker, which is coming September 11. Costume Mario can change his appearance based on what Amiibo has been scanned into the game.
Tuesday, June 16, 10:00am PDT
Square is jumping into the press conference ring this year, with new Deus Ex and Just Cause games headlining their upcoming lineup.They are also teasing a big “mystery title” for their E3 show. Those hoping for more Final Fantasy XIII news will be disappointed, however, as the game has been confirmed to be absent from E3 in favor of an info dump at Gamescom. Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 will show up, though? (Don’t hold your breath.)
PC Gaming Show
Tuesday, June 16, 6:00pm PDT
PC Gamer will be presenting the first annual PC Gaming Show, a two hour event hosted by Sean “Day” Plott. Featured participants include AMD, Blizzard, Cliff Bleszinski, Phil Spencer, Paradox Interactive, and many others.