With Irrational Games’ BioShock Infinite releasing in less than three months, now’s the perfect time to revisit its predecessors. If you don’t already own the first two BioShock games, 2K Games has you covered, with a bundle of them and their respective DLCs releasing later this month.
BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition will include both BioShock and BioShock 2, as well as downloadable content for each game. The included content is listed below.
- BioShock‘s Plasmids Pack, which adds four extra Plasmids and Gene Tonics
- BioShock‘s Challenge Rooms Pack, a formerly PlayStation 3-exclusive expansion that features three bonus puzzle rooms
- BioShock‘s Museum of Orphaned Concepts, a new level featuring concept art and character models
- BioShock 2‘s Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, which adds extra characters, masks, and weapons to the game’s multiplayer mode
- BioShock 2‘s Rapture Metro Map Pack, which adds more characters and masks to multiplayer, in addition to an extra Gene Tonic and game mode
- BioShock 2‘s Protector Trials Pack, an add-on that features six single-player levels
- BioShock 2‘s Minerva’s Den, a bonus campaign set in a separate location from that of the main game
In addition to the above DLC, the bundle includes collectable stickers based on the upcoming BioShock Infinite.
BioShock was developed by Irrational Games, while BioShock 2 was primarily developed by 2K Marin. BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition will release in North America on January 14 for $29.99, and will be available for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Source: JoystiqThe thread view count is