Sony held their E3 conference at 6:00pm Pacific time today. Here’s a recap of all the news from the show:
- Vita will be getting more than 85 new games before the end of the year.
- The Walking Dead will be ported to Vita, along with a bonus episode. In addition, there will be a new Vita bundle that comes with the game. (link)
- A new trailer was shown for The Last of Us – the game releases this Friday, in case you’d forgotten.
- New trailers for Puppeteer, rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6, and Batman: Arkham Origins.
- A new PS3 bundle will release with Grand Theft Auto V, along with a branded headset, for $299 on September 17.
- The design of the PS4 was finally revealed. (link)
- Redbox Instant, Flixster, and other services will be available on PlayStation systems.
- There are over 30 first-party titles in development for PS4. 20 of those will be released in the first year – 12 are new IPs.
- Ready at Dawn’s new game, The Order: 1886, revealed as a PS4 exclusive. (link)
- New trailers for Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club, Knack, and Infamous: Second Son shown off. Killzone, Drive Club, and Knack will be available at launch – Infamous in Q1 2014.
- The Dark Sorcerer, Quantic Dream’s tech demo for PS4, was given a sneak peek.
- Transistor from Supergiant Games will be coming to PS4 later this year.
- Lots of indie titles will make their console debut on PS4, including Don’t Starve, Mercenary Kings, Secret Ponchos, Octodad, Ray’s the Dead, Outlast, Oddworld, and Galax-Z.
- Diablo III will have PlayStation-related bonus in-game items.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII is now Final Fantasy XV. We saw a new trailer and a confirmation that the game is now a PS4 title, with a promise of more information to come in the days ahead. (link)
- Kingdom Hearts III is a thing. An announcement trailer was shown, with a promise that it is “currently in development.” (link)
- Final Fantasy XIV console release will be exclusive to PS3/PS4.
- A glitchy demo for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag was shown, with lots of naval sequences.
- Extended Watch Dogs demo, with a promise of exclusive content on the PS4.
- NBA 2K14 trailer with LeBron.
- The Elder Scrolls Online is coming to PS4 in spring 2014, with an exclusive beta earlier.
- Debut trailer for Mad Max, developed by Warner Bros. Studios and Avalanche. PS4 version has exclusive content.
- There are over 140 games in development for PS4, with 100 available in the first year. Over 40 are exclusive titles.
- The first bomb: PS4 will support used games, lending, renting, trading, and private sales with no restrictions or online checks. The console does not have to be connected to the internet to play disc-based games, and no regular internet check-ins are required. (link)
- PS+ memberships will carry over to PS4. On the flip side, it seems as if PS+ is required for online play now. (link)
- The world gameplay premiere of Destiny brought an extended demo of co-op gameplay.
- Cloud service will be available on PS4, PS3, and Vita in early 2014, providing access to PS3 games through Gaikai. (link)
- The second bomb: PS4 will retail for $399 USD. (link)
What's your reaction?
You might also like
The first footage of The Wind Waker HD has been released, as have new details regarding the game's improvements.
The former Wii U-exclusive re-release of Human Revolution is coming to other platforms this year.
The first gameplay footage of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS has finally arrived.