Sony held their E3 conference at 6 p.m. PDT today. Here’s a recap of all the news from the show:
- The conference kicked off with an extended trailer for Destiny. PS4 will get the beta first, on July 17. There will also be a bundle alongside the game when it releases on September 9, that includes a white PS4, Destiny, and 30 days of PlayStation Plus. After the conference they announced a price of $449.
- A long-awaited gameplay demo of The Order: 1886 was shown, with the player in a battle with a werewolf.
- After a short teaser and gameplay demo of Entwined, the game was announced to be officially released on PlayStation 4 today for $9.99.
- A new standalone DLC for Infamous: Second Son, entitled Infamous: First Light will be available in August 2014. The original game is not required to play it. (link)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 was officially unveiled with a gameplay demo showing off three new accomplices for Sackboy. All user-created content from the first two games is compatible with the new game, with improved graphics. (link)
- Project Beast was revealed to be From Software’s latest new IP, Bloodborne. A creepy and grisly trailer was shown.
- A Far Cry 4 demo was shown, revealing the game’s new cooperative mode and featuring rampaging pachyderms. And only on PS3 and PS4, you can invite your PSN friends to join you even if they don’t own the game.
- Some of the results of the Sony letter-writing campaign were shown off. The first request was for zombies, so Dead Island 2 was revealed in typical over-the-top fashion. (link)
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition will release in August, featuring Clickers, Lurkers, and Infected from The Last of Us.
- Dead Island 2 and Battlefield Hardline will have PS4-exclusive betas.
- Exclusive content! Disney Infinity 2 will receive a PlayStation-exclusive Marvel pack, while Destiny will receive new weapons, multiplayer map, Strike, and much more.
- Paradox Interactive’s new game was revealed to be Magicka 2.
- “Sally T.,” a 12…or, rather, 10 year old girl who oddly has a familiar-looking mustache and beard, wrote a letter that she’d like to experience one of Tim Schafer’s old adventure games brought back from the dead. The result? Grim Fandango is being remastered exclusively for PS4 and Vita.
- A huge indie game reel was shown featuring titles published by Devolver, including Hotline Miami 2, Titan Souls, Broforce, and The Talos Principle.
- Suda51’s new game, Let It Die, will be coming exclusively to PS4 in 2015.
- Ex-Journey art director Matt Nava’s studio Giant Squid will be releasing its first game, Abzu, exclusively on PS4. A later press release revealed a PC release as well as a release date of 2016.
- An extended gameplay trailer of No Man’s Sky was shown, with a “procedurally generated, massive sci-fi universe to explore.”
- Sony’s VR headset, Morpheus, will be at Sony’s booth this week with two all-new demos.
- YouTube compatibility will be coming to PS4 later this year, allowing you to upload vids with the Share button.
- PlayStation is becoming a haven for free-to-play games, and a montage showed off over 25 such games to be released over the next 12 months.
- PlayStation Now will be available on PS4 as an open beta in the US and Canada on July 31. PS3 and Vita will get it later, and Sony TVs will soon feature integration into the service as well.
- There are 100+ Vita games in development, including Tales of Hearts R, Child of Light, Tales from the Borderlands, and the full console version of Minecraft.
- Vita TV will be released in the US as PlayStation TV for $99, or as a bundle with a DualShock 3, 8GB memory card, and HDMI cable for $139.
- The world premiere gameplay trailer of Mortal Kombat X was shown, and it was appropriately gruesome.
- Powers, a new PlayStation-exclusive TV series based on the comic series of the same name, will be released in December. All PSN members will receive one episode free, while PlayStation Plus members will have full complimentary access.
- A trailer for the new Ratchet & Clank movie was shown, as well as an announcement that the original game is being remastered for PS4. Both will release in the first half of 2015.
- A spoiler-flagged trailer revealed a July 29 release date for The Last of Us Remastered.
- A cinematic trailer for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was shown.
- Grand Theft Auto V will be coming to PS4 in fall 2014. Progress and characters can be transferred from the last-gen versions to the current-gen. (link)
- A gameplay trailer for Batman Arkham Knight showed driving and combat in the Batmobile.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End was properly revealed, coming 2015. (link)
What's your reaction?
You might also like
A month later, Klippy and Geoff reconvene to look back at the E3 conferences and pick a winner.
Didn't get to watch Nintendo's Digital Event? Here's what you missed!
Did you miss Microsoft's E3 2014 press conference? Here's a full recap!