The majority of the previous Halo games received a limited edition of some sort, so it’s hardly a surprise that 343 Industries has announced the limited edition of Halo 4.
Releasing alongside the standard edition of the game this fall, the limited edition will include a ton of goodies for Halo fans at a price of $99.99. The contents are as follows:
- Nine multiplayer maps, rolled out in groups of three following the game’s release. Everyone will be able to purchase them, but limited edition-buyers receive the maps at no extra cost.
- The ability to unlock six Specializations at launch, which will help achieve higher ranks and new customization options.
- A UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which offers Halo fiction-lovers a chance to learn more about the UNSC Infinity and the Spartan-IV program.
- The special edition of Halo: Forward Unto Dawn. Forward Unto Dawn is a prequel series of short films that shows the beginnings of one of the Infinity’s leaders. The special edition is an extended 90-minute-long version of the normal film, and also includes digital content that expands the film’s characters and a behind-the-scenes look at the film.
- A unique in-game Spartan-IV skin, a unique in-game Assault Rifle skin, an exclusive in-game emblem, an Xbox Live avatar prop, and a set of Spartan-IV armor for your Xbox Live avatar.
- A special steelbook case to hold the game itself.
Unlike previous games, Halo 4 will not be receiving a Legendary edition, so fans will only be able to choose from the standard and limited editions.
Halo 4 will be released in the United States on November 6, 2012 exclusively on Xbox 360.