Sony gave us an hour and a half chock-full of (mostly) gaming goodness. Here’s a look at everything that they showed off:
- David Cage announced Quantic Dream’s new PS3 game, Beyond – Two Souls. The main character is Jodie Holmes, played by actress Ellen Page. We saw an opening cinematic and a gameplay trailer. Full story.
- PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale was shown off in trailer and gameplay form. A Vita version was announced, as well as two new characters: Nathan Drake and a Big Daddy. The Vita game will support full cross-platform play with PS3. Both versions available this holiday. Full story.
- New cross-controller DLC is coming for LittleBigPlanet 2. It supports the unique functions of the Vita such as touch control and the use of the Vita as a PS3 controller. The DLC includes a new story mode, stickers, costumes, decorations, and objects.
- PlayStation Plus members will get 12 new free games this month, including inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Saint’s Row 2.
- More than 60 new PSN titles will be coming to Vita before the end of 2012.
- PS1 Classics coming to Vita, including Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy VII.
- Hulu Plus and Crackle will be coming to Vita.
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified announced for Vita this holiday. Full story.
- Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation announced for Vita. It is a full open-world Assassin’s Creed game that uses the unique features of the Vita and connects to the PS3 version of AC3. The game takes place in 1768 New Orleans and features a female French assassin named Aveline. Full story.
- Sony will offer a Vita bundle for Liberation, which includes the game, a 4GB memory card, and a Crystal White wi-fi Vita. This is the first Vita of this color to be released in North America.
- There will also be a day-one PS3 bundle for Assassin’s Creed III, featuring a console, the game, and exclusive DLC.
- Andy House came onstage to announce Wonderbook, an AR pad that utilizes PS Eye to interact with books. The first title for the peripheral will be Book of Spells, based on the Harry Potter textbook of the same name. Players use the Move as a wand to perform various spells. The game also features the history of many spells along with life lessons for all wizards, which have been penned by J.K. Rowling herself. Wonderbook is coming fall 2012. Full story.
- PlayStation Suite is now PlayStation Mobile and will be coming to non-Sony branded devices. HTC is the first PS Mobile partner. Many more PlayStation-certified mobile devices will be on the market before the end of the year. Full story.
- Todd Papy showed off a gameplay demo of God of War: Ascension, in which Kratos fought off an army of minotaurs, avoided a huge kraken in the water offshore, and finally defeated a large elephant creature, all in typical gory fashion. The game releases March 12, 2013. Full story.
- Finally, the conference ended with a much-anticipated first gameplay demo of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog’s new IP. The game looks quite grisly and is definitely a totally different game from Uncharted.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Ubisoft hasn't given much information on the next Assassin's Creed game, but we may already know quite a bit about it.
Rhys fills us in on his favorite gaming experiences of 2015.
Rhys shares his top (and not-so-top) games of 2014!