Sony held its E3 press conference at 5:00 PM PST today, and here’s a summary of all the major announcements:
- Jack Tretton kicked things off with apologies for the PSN outage.
- A gameplay demo of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception was shown, with Drake infiltrating and subsequently escaping a sinking ship as water fills it. A 3D trailer followed.
- Insomniac showed off Resistance 3, with a short gameplay demo. The Doomsday Edition of the game was announced, which includes a Move controller, Navigation controller, PlayStation Eye, Sharp Shooter, and a copy of Resistance 3, for $149.
- God of War Origins collection featuring HD/3D remasterings of Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta will be available on PS3 in September.
- The Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD/3D remastering will also be available in September.
- To encourage adoption of 3D technology and push 3D gaming, Sony will be offering a low-cost 3D television. The bundle will include a PlayStation branded 24″ display, 3D glasses, a 6′ HDMI cable, and a copy of Resistance 3, at a price of $499. Additional sets of 3D glasses will be $69.99. The display will also allow two players to view the entire screen while playing split-screen games.
- Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest will be available this fall for Move. A lengthy demo showed various Move features and gameplay elements.
- inFamous 2 will be receiving user-generated content this fall.
- More Move functionality will be added to LittleBigPlanet 2 this fall.
- A new Starhawk trailer was shown, still set for a 2012 release.
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be releasing in 2012 on PS3.
- Dust514, a PS3 exclusive that will allow full cross-platform gameplay with Eve Online, will be available in 2012. A closed beta will be released at the end of the year.
- A new gameplay trailer for Bioshock Infinite was shown, with some words from Ken Levine. The first Bioshock game will be included as a bonus with the PS3 version of Infinite.
- A Bioshock game will be coming to NGP/Vita.
- There will be an exclusive game mode and content for Saints Row 3 on the PS3.
- The new Star Trek game set for release in 2012 will feature Move functionality. We saw a gameplay trailer.
- The new SSX game will get an exclusive Mt. Fuji level, Need for Speed: The Run will come with 7 exclusive supercars, and Battlefield 3 will include a copy of Battlefield 1943, all only on PS3.
- Kaz Hirai briefly touched on PlayStation Suite and plans to extend it.
- NGP is now officially PS Vita. Two versions of Vita will be available at launch: a wi-fi only model and a 3G/wi-fi model.
- Sony has an exclusive partnership with AT&T to sell the 3G model of Vita.
- Vita will include party chat and a new social network called “Near”.
- First game shown for Vita is Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which features the option of either touchscreen or traditional controls.
- Ruin, a “social action RPG”, was demoed. The game will integrate with social networks and allow you to have rivals that can either be friends or total strangers. You can do things such as raid your rival’s castle. The game also features a PS3 component, so you can upload your Vita save to the cloud and resume playing on the PS3.
- Sony announced ModNation Racers for Vita. The game makes full use of Vita’s features, such as making terrain adjustments with the back touch panel. In addition, it will be compatible with all tracks from the PS3 and PSP versions of the game from day one.
- Wipeout 2048 will be available at launch and will have cross-play compatibility, allowing online multiplayer between Vita and PS3.
- A brand new LittleBigPlanet for Vita was shown, with a trailer.
- A Vita version of Street Fighter x Tekken was announced, with Cole from inFamous as an exclusive playable character.
- Vita will be available this holiday season at an MSRP of $249 for the wi-fi model and $299 for the 3G/wi-fi model.
What's your reaction?