After announcing the collection back in November, Naughty Dog’s Evan Wells has finally revealed the release date for the Jak and Daxter Collection, as well as the features it will include.
As expected, the collection will see the three games in the original trilogy – Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3 – updated with 720p visuals, stereoscopic 3D support, and Trophy support. Speaking of Trophy support, Wells stated that there are over 100 Trophies to earn in the collection, and mentioned a few of the Trophies players can expect to work towards earning:
- Pedal to the Medal (Gold) – Destroy Metal Kor at Nest
- Purple Pain (Bronze) – Navigate the Purple Precursor Rings
- The Super Orberator (Gold) – Collect 2000 Precursor Orbs
- Testosterone (Silver) – Pass the Tests of Manhood
- Just the Artifacts Ma’am (Bronze) – Find 3 Artifacts in Mountain Temple
- What’s That Smell? (Bronze) – Escort Men Through Sewers
- The Beast Beater (Bronze) – Destroy Metal Head Beasts
- Gate Crasher Master (Bronze) – Destroy Spargus’ Front Gate
The Jak and Daxter Collection – originally developed for the PlayStation 2 by Naughty Dog, and ported to the PlayStation 3 by Mass Media – will be released exclusively for the PlayStation 3 on February 7 in North America, and on February 22 in Europe. The game will retail for $39.99 and €39.99, respectively. In Europe, the game will be titled The Jak and Daxter Trilogy.