Microsoft held their E3 conference at 9:30 AM Pacific time today. Here’s a recap of all the news from the show:
- A next-gen version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is coming exclusively to Xbox One. (link)
- A newly redesigned model of the Xbox 360 will be available starting today. (link)
- Xbox Live Gold members will soon receive access to two free games per month, including Assassin’s Creed 2 and Halo 3. (link)
- Formerly PC-exclusive World of Tanks will be available for free download on Xbox 360 this summer.
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood announced for Xbox 360.
- Dark Souls II will be coming April 2014, with a new trailer shown.
- A new trailer and title for Ryse: Son of Rome was shown, along with first gameplay footage. Available exclusively for Xbox One at the console’s launch.
- Killer Instinct announced for Xbox One, coming 2013. (link)
- Insomniac announced their new game, Sunset Overdrive, a “stylized open-world shooter,” coming exclusively to Xbox One. (link)
- Forza Motorsport 5 uses the power of the cloud to customize your “Drivatar,” allowing it to race opponents while you’re not playing and earn EXP, as well as tailor computer opponents to your particular driving style and ability.
- Minecraft coming to Xbox One.
- A new trailer shown for Remedy’s Quantum Break.
- D4, a new game with story written by Swery65 (of Deadly Premonition fame) announced.
- A gameplay demo of make-your-own-game Project Spark shown, with near-endless customization possibilities.
- Microsoft partnering with Twitch to allow instant streaming of gameplay. Built into Xbox One.
- Xbox Live on Xbox One will allow unlimited friends. In addition, Microsoft Points will be tossed in favor of real-world local currency, and Gold benefits can be shared among family members. (link)
- Crimson Dragon, a spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon, coming exclusively to Xbox One.
- Dead Rising 3 will be releasing exclusively on Xbox One this November, with SmartGlass enhancements. (link)
- Announcement and new trailer for The Witcher 3, coming to Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 will be coming to Xbox One, and the first map pack will be a timed exclusive to the system.
- Microsoft is investing in five new studios to make next-gen games. Black Tusk is a new Vancouver-based studio working on a “new AAA game.”
- A new Halo game announced for Xbox One, coming 2014. The game will run at 60 FPS for the first time. (link)
- The megaton: Xbox One will release this November for $499 USD. (link)
- Respawn closed the conference by showing off Titanfall, available on Xbox in Spring 2014. (link)
What's your reaction?
You might also like
The first footage of The Wind Waker HD has been released, as have new details regarding the game's improvements.
The former Wii U-exclusive re-release of Human Revolution is coming to other platforms this year.
The first gameplay footage of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS has finally arrived.