In March, developer thatgamecompany released their final game under a three-title contract with Sony. That game, Journey, ended up being a massive success for both companies; earning a 92/100 on review-aggregating website Metacritic, the game became the fastest-selling PlayStation Network game ever released in North America. It predecessors, flOw and Flower, were well-received as well, which is why Sony is bundling all three games together for a retail release this August.
Journey: Collector’s Edition contains the above three games, as well as a slew of bonus features, including:
- One free month of PlayStation Plus
- A thirty-minute behind-the-scenes documentary of Journey‘s development
- Creator Commentary features for all three games
- Three exclusive minigames developed by thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- All three games’ original soundtracks
- Dynamic themes and wallpapers for PlayStation 3
- PlayStation Network avatars, including never-before-released Journey-related ones
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
For just $29.99, that’s a steal, especially considering how highly-praised each game is; in our review of Flower, we gave the game an 8.5/10.
The collection will be released on August 28 in North America.
Source: US PlayStation Blog